Saturday, January 15, 2011

About Time...

I've really loved reading the blogs of friends and family, so I thought I'd start one myself. I can't say that I'm on a trip to an exotic place right now, nor do I have a family of my own to write about. But I can say that I'm on an incredible adventure. This semester is kind of a transition time for me.  I haven't graduated yet, but I'm not really in college either. I'm student teaching in the Pittsburgh area, and that requires me to live with my parents. 
The place that I've called home for the past four years is Penn State. I'll be honest, I felt a little cheated when I found out that my last semester of college would be spent at home.  Don't get me wrong, my parents are great. They are just, well you know, my parents. Anyway, I guess I came to terms with it.  The hardest part was saying goodbye to the community who has shaped, uplifted, and loved me while I was at college.  Most of you know that this community is called Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ). In Cru, I've met some of my closest friends, my roommates, and my boyfriend, Tim.
The biggest change that happened in my life at Penn State was the decision to pursue a relationship with my Savior and Creator. This is the incredible adventure that I was talking about. Everyday is a constant reminder of how much He loves me and how much I need Him. He is and will always be the constant in my life. He'll never change. His love for me can never be more or less. Yet, I constantly find myself striving for perfection in His eyes.  When I can't achieve it (which is always), I somehow convince myself that He loves me just a little less each time I fail. I know it isn't true. But I don't live like it's true. So, that's my journey right now. I want to live the life of a daughter of God, full of grace, joy, fulfillment, and satisfaction.
My secondary goal right now is to find a community in Pittsburgh. Student teaching is basically a full time job, so I don't have the excessive free time that I took for granted at Penn State, but I am still feeling the gap that was made when I said goodbye to Cru.
I guess this blog is going to document my ups and downs, triumphs and failures, and everything else that I learn on the way. So, wrapping up this song is really speaking to me tonight, and I hope it will encourage you too:)

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to
-If You Want Me To -Ginny Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment